Found this newer Globe at a thrift store for $2.99 and decided to use Chalkboard paint as seen on Pinterest. Here is how we did it.
1. Take the globe apart. This was really easy.
2. Hang the globe using string and a wire hanger.
3. Spray paint the base shiny gold.
4. Spray paint the globe using the Chalkboard spray paint. Wait 24 hours
5. Using the side of a piece of chalk rub the entire surface of the globe.
6. Erase and start writing!
Fall is in the air and it’s time to decorate the mantel for the season. I used mostly items that are vintage and thrifted from around my house and purchased the white pumpkins and wheat at the grocery store.
Here I used the following items:
An old piece of barn wood.
A large Blue Mason Jar filled with sticks from the backyard and Acorns from my mom’s back yard that I collected last year.
I added a couple of vintage thrifted books.
A couple of my favorite vintage Owls.
White thrifted pitcher with Wheat from the grocery store and a few white pumpkins.
Behind the pitcher is a mini vintage clipboard that I thrifted, since you can not see this in the photo I am going to find a legal size one to add so it can be seen.
Looking forward to a fashionable fall. We were lucky enough to have found a few great vintage leather jackets this week. As soon as the first cool weather morning appears, we will be set. Check out what we found.